Police Job in Atlanta, Georgia : GA
Looking for Police Jobs? See currently available Police job openings on police.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
police.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any police job . We provide job resources for Police positions throughout the industry. police.jobs.net also provides Police jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Police by either city or state.
police.jobs.net is a police job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Police jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your police job search on police.jobs.net today.
Police Officers Job Description
Duty calls in the Nations Capital.
Join the Metropolitan Police Department.
Police Officers will perform the vital public services of preserving the peace, protecting life and property, preventing crime, apprehending criminals, and enforcing the laws and ordinances of the District of Columbia and the United States. No previous law enforcement experience is required to be considered for employment for entry level positions. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements.
Atlanta Police Job
Police Officers Job Requirements
Minimum Requirements at time of application:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Possess a valid U.S. Drivers License.
Requirement(s) Entry-Level Police Officer :
- Successfully completed at least 60 semester hours of college credit essentially the equivalent of two years of higher education with course work in any subject matter.
- Credits from any accredited college or university will be accepted.
- Served in the Armed Forces of the United States, including the Organized Reserves and National Guard, for two (2) years on active duty and, if separated from the military, have received an honorable discharge.
- If you qualify for Entry-Level Police Officer please complete interest card to begin the process here .
Requirement(s) Experienced Police Officer at the time of application:
- Have served three (3) years in a full-duty status with a full-service police department in a municipality or a state within the United States, and have resigned or retired in good standing.
- No college credits are required for this program.
- If you qualify for Experienced Police Officer please complete interest card to begin the process here.
The starting salary is:
Entry Police Officer/Experienced Police Officer - $55,362.00 annual (starting first day in the Academy)Police Cadet - $31,820.00 annual (ages 17-25) DC Residents / Graduate from DC Public/Charter Schools only
Intern - Volunteer (no pay)
Reserve Officer - Volunteer (no pay
Police Officer candidates must successfully pass a written examination, a physical ability test, and a thorough background investigation that includes a medical examination, drug screening, psychological evaluation, and polygraph examination.
- 25 year Retirement - 62.5% of highest three years salary, upwards to 80% for additional years of service.
- Family Health and Dental Packages.
- Paid Family Leave.
- Overtime and Duty compensation Pay.
- Retirement Plan.
- Accrued Annual & Sick Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Bilingual Pay.
To participate in the entrance exam, follow the instructions below. From there you will be able to choose a testing center new your home and testing date that is most convenient for you.
Go to http://nationaltestingnetwork.com
Click on Find Jobs" on the top menu
Click on Law Enforcement Jobs"
Scroll down and select the position under Washington, D.C.", entitled DC Metropolitan Police Department"
Choose That is All I Want"
Follow the remaining steps to review the qualification questions and select a testing site, date and time that is convenient for you.
For MPD civilian opportunities go to careers.dc.gov click DC Employment Opportunities under related content and search Agency - Metropolitan Police Department.